FFP2 (N95 equivalent) Certified Face Mask
Meets the guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) for use during outbreaks or virus.
BSI. Certified FFP2 Face Mask - Model HY8220
Conforms to EN149:2001+A1:2009
For box of 20 - click here
- FFP2 mask with Assigned Protection Factor of 10
- Latex-free head strap to maximum the protection
- Fold flat for easy storage
- Designed to fit comfortably on all faces
- Vertical folding design allowing for a wide field of view,
- Stays secure to the face
- Individually bagged - no leaflet.
What is the FFP2 (N95) Face Mask?
Disposable FFP2 Breathable Face masks are a flat-folded style respirator mask that meets the European FFP2 standard. The inner and outer layers of the mask are manufactured from high-quality polypropylene materials that are soft on the skin. Its flexible edges easily adapt to the face of the user, for a comfortable and protective fit, whilst the filter material of the mask provides high protection and low breathing resistance during use. Please note this mask is one size and the ear loops although elastic are not adjustable.
What type of face mask is good against the coronavirus, also known as the covid-19?
They are FFP2 grade (N95 equivalent) and meet the guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO). They are recommended for use by the WHO during outbreaks of SARS, Avian Flu and Coronavirus.
What is the FFP2 Face Mask used for?
FFP2 Face Masks are recommended when the respiratory system needs to be protected. This can be required in several circumstances including:
- On construction sites to protect against dust and other particles
- In agriculture to protect from dust, vapours, fumes and mould spores
- In healthcare to protect from germs and infection
- Personal use to prevent the spread of infection from yourself and for protection from other people’s germs
FFP2 masks are World Health Organisation certified for medical workers who are near people suffering from respiratory diseases especially when performing Aerosol-Generating Procedures.
During Covid-19: Should the public wear face masks?
"Yes"—population benefits are plausible and harms unlikely.
When covid-19 became a global health emergency, there was a visible contrast between the responses of citizens in east Asia and the rest of the world. In east Asia, wearing of masks was ubiquitous, and sometimes mandated by governments. In Europe and North America, concerned citizens were repeatedly told that masks were not recommended for general use.
Now, increasing numbers of agencies and governments, including the Czech Republic and the US Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention1 are advocating that the general population wears masks.
How does this face mask work?
The FFP2 Breathable Mask is manufactured from high quality, white materials, which are soft on the skin. The loop ear-straps are soft and flexible for a secure fit, whilst the flexible edges and adjustable, concealed aluminium nose clip adapts to the shape and curves of your face to prevent gaps. This mask provides high comfort and breathability whilst also having a minimum 94% filtration percentage and maximum 8% leakage to the inside.
How do you use this product?
The FFP2 mask is simple to use and provides effective protection.
- Always check that the mask is in good condition before use- ensure there is no dirt or damage to any part of the mask
- Hold the mask in your hand with the nosepiece at your fingertips, allowing the headbands to hang freely below your hand
- Press the mask firmly against your face with the nosepiece on the bridge of your nose
- Stretch and position the top band high on the back of the head. Stretch the bottom band over the head and position below your ears
- Using both hands, mould the metal nosepiece to the shape of your nose
- To test fit:
- Cup both hands over the respirator, being careful not to disturb the position
- Inhale vigorously – if air leaks around the edges, reposition the straps or adjust strap tension for a better fit
- Remember, careful observance of these fitting instructions is an important step to ensure the safe use of the mask
What other infection control measures you can do?
Using a mask is just one preventative measure you can take to protect yourself from respiratory pathogens, dust and harmful airborne substances. However, it is recommended to not rely on masks alone to provide an adequate level of protection. Here are a few more steps you can use, along with the use of safety masks to protect yourself from harmful substances in the environment:
- Perform hand hygiene frequently, using soap and water (where possible) or an alcohol-based hand rub
- Try not to touch your face, especially your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover nose and mouth with a bent elbow or paper tissue when coughing or sneezing and dispose of the tissue immediately after use
- Keep surfaces clean and disinfected
Can I reuse this face mask?
This face mask like all medical grade FFP2 respirators is a disposable face mask.
Hive Pharmacy cannot give advice on how to reuse the masks as this information is not official.
Specification of the FFP2 Mask
Mask Category Compliance Standard Particle filtration efficiency Tested against particles size (microns) Protection against liquid and solid particles FFP2 EN149:2001 + A1:2009 >94% 2-5 Yes, including bacteria and viruses
Bsi Documents - view