Medical Grade IIR Surgical Face Masks
Certified Medical Grade Type IIR (2R) face mask.
- HY Premium Medical Quality (not all IIR are the same)
- Box of 50 Disposable Surgical Face Masks Type IIR
- Medical Grade Used in the NHS
- EU Certified
- Over 98% filtration efficiency
What is a 'surgical' type disposable face mask?
This disposable mask is a loose-fitting, disposable device that creates a physical barrier between the mouth and nose of the wearer and potential contaminants in the immediate environment.
Surgical type masks are made in different thicknesses and with different ability to protect you from contact with liquids. These properties may also affect how easily you can breathe through the face mask and how well the surgical mask protects you.
If worn properly, a surgical type mask is meant to help block large-particle droplets, splashes, sprays, or splatter that may contain germs (viruses and bacteria), keeping it from reaching your mouth and nose. Surgical masks may also help reduce exposure of your saliva and respiratory secretions to others.
While a surgical type mask may be effective in blocking splashes and large-particle droplets, a face mask, by design, does not filter or block very small particles in the air that may be transmitted by coughs, sneezes, or certain medical procedures. Surgical type masks also do not provide complete protection from germs and other contaminants because of the loose fit between the surface of the face mask and your face.
Surgical type masks are not intended to be used more than once. If your mask is damaged or soiled, or if breathing through the mask becomes difficult, you should remove the face mask, discard it safely, and replace it with a new one. To safely discard your mask, place it in a plastic bag and put it in the trash. Wash your hands after handling the used mask.
Can surgical face masks be sterilized and reused?
No. Disposable medical face masks are intended for a single use only. After use they should be removed using appropriate techniques (i.e. do no touch the front, remove by pulling the elastic ear straps or laces from behind) and disposed of immediately in an infectious waste bin with a lid, followed by hand hygiene.
Features of the Type IIR medical face mask
Lightweight 3-layer face mask with nose clip.
Tiny droplets are released into the air when you speak, cough and sneeze. These droplets may carry harmful particles, wearing a facemask can reduce the number of droplets released from the wearer into the air, which can protect others.
These face masks have 3 layers; the top and bottom layers are manufactured from spun-bonded polypropylene, non-woven fabric. The centre layer is polypropylene melt-brown non-woven fabric. The integral nose clip of these face masks offers an optimum and comfortable fit, whilst being light-weight and secure thanks to the ear loops.
• Each mask conforms to the EN 14683 standard and offers 98% bacterial filtration efficiency
• Prevents particles entering the body through the nose or mouth
• Lightweight and breathable
• Flat form ear loop fastening for comfort
• Comfortable fit
• Glass fibre free
• 50 x IIR EU Certified Medical Face Masks (box) "elastic ear loops"
• HY Brand - very high quality (better than Wondo brand)
• Children under supervision
Warnings and cautions
• Keep out of the sight and reach of children
• One mask to be worn at a time
• Dispose of in a bin preferable with a lid
• Each mask is single use and should only be worn by one person